Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Claustrophobic

Sometimes, have you ever felt like the world is closing in on you? Like the walls all around you are creeping closer and closer every time you try to pretend not to notice?

You feel like you're suffocating, and when you're finally let out of this hell, you take huge gasping breaths, as you try to stop shivering from the fear. Maybe it seems like I'm just exaggerating a little, but I kid you not, claustrophobia is bloody scary.


Why do people become claustrophobic? I have no clue. Why am I? Well I probably have a small memory that feeds this
issue.

I don't know how old I was, probabl
y six or seven. At that age, I used to have huge cat fights with my sister; all snarls and claws, and I remember once we made our mum so mad that she locked me up in the bathroom to stop us from fighting. The first time she did it, I was too angry to even notice, and I barely cared. But as it kept happening with each fight, the paranoia started creeping in. By the fourth time I was so afraid I kept hitting the door till I was let out.

I know that its quite strange - wasn't I supposed to get used to it, if it kept happening? But instead I ended up freaking out more and more.

Now I have this huge fear of small places. Bathrooms, wardrobes, lifts, you name it, I hate it. I can usually survive lifts if there's at least one mirror. A mirror really does help give the illusion of more space. I detest bathrooms with wierd locks. And wardrobes, well lets just say, there's whole new reason for that one.


No comments: